Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rarity is one of the main characters of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and the love interest of Spike.
Rarity is the older sister of Sweetie Belle. Rarity works as both a fashion designer, and as a seamstress at her own shop, Carousel Boutique. Her personality traits consist of elegance and generosity. She represents the element of generosity. Rarity is shown to be very fond of Spike especially in the episodes "A Dog and Pony Show", and "Secret of my Excess" and "Dragon's Quest". Throughout the series, Spike has been shown to have a big crush on Rarity, calling her beautiful when he first sees her in the show's pilot episode; in the season 2 episode, "Secret of my Excess"; he admits his crush to her which she accepts. Their relationship has developed to become stronger with the passage of time.
- Rarity focuses on Spike more than anybody else does.
- Rarity watches Spike kneeling in front of a case while rubbing a Fire Ruby which she is shown to have an intense love for, she bites her arm with a worried look on her face.
- Spike generously gives her the Ruby. In thanks, she kisses him on the cheek.
- At Spike's birthday party, they affectionately rub their cheeks at each other.
- When Spike has grown into a monstrous dragon, he abducts her, however Rarity does not realize it is Spike until the two fall from the mountainside. When Spike tries to admit his feelings for her, she simply covers his mouth with her hoof and gives a teary smile, and Spike smiled back.
- When the two are rescued by Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, it reminds one much of the imagery of Cupid.
- Rarity calls Spike a hero for stopping himself from destroying Ponyville. As she kisses him on the cheek again,and it zooms out, at both ends of the bridge, there are hearts on the edges.
- In the chapter book Rarity and the Curious Case of Charity, when Spike displays infatuation toward Charity Sweetmint and Charity likewise dotes on him, Rarity shows signs of jealousy, especially when Charity addresses him as "Spikey-Wikey".