Yui Komori is the heroine of the game, anime, and manga of Diabolik Lovers. She is the love interest of the Sakamaki Brothers (Shu, Reiji, Laito, Ayato, Kanato, and Subaru), the Mukami Brothers (Ruki, Kou, Yuma, and Azusa), the Tsukinami Brothers (Carla and Shin) and Kino (the Sakamaki's illegitimate brother).
She is is the adoptive daughter of priest and famous vampire hunter Seiji Komori. Later, it's revealed that the Vampire King Karlheinz chose her to be "Eve", someone can have strong children with whoever grain ownership of her.
Yui is a sweet and kindhearted girl who is very innocent and naïve due to her upbringing by her adoptive father. Throughout the series, she shows to be very still willed and brave when dealing with the boys who usually threaten her if she refuses to submit to their will. However, Yui is still human and does show to be afraid of them when they threaten her life. Still, Yui doesn't bare any ill will or feelings towards her captors.
Despite her innocence and meekness, Yui can be very stubborn when the boys push her too far. She's well known in the series to be very religious and deeply believes in God. In fact, she's very devoted to her religion and whenever the boys mock her for this she remains very strong. Yui also has a deep, strong love for her father despite discovering that they are not biologically related to each other. Even though that Seiji has tried to kill her multiple times, Yui still sees him as her father and shows to have no interest in looking for her biological parents.
After Laito pushed Cordelia from the balcony, Richter, the Sakamaki brothers' uncle and Cordelia's secret lover, found her dying. She asked him to cut out her heart and implant it into another body. He did as she asked and implanted it into Yui, a then abandoned child who had the ideal body for Cordelia's heart. He then handed Yui to vampire hunter Seiji Komori, to avoid "Cordelia" from being taken away by his brother Karlheinz. Seiji, who was also a priest, owned a church and raised Yui since then as his daughter. Yui had been told that her mother had died when she was a child.
Because Cordelia was the daughter of the Demon King, her blood had a power flowing within it. Since her heart is inside of Yui, Yui is a power blood bank for the vampires. All the brothers note that Yui's blood is of the "finest quality." In addition, her chest will hurt when "Cordelia" reacts to something.
Shu Sakamaki Edit
At the start of the anime he gets irritated by Yui. Later, when Laito and the other brothers decide to play a dart game and Yui as the prize. Shu wins the challenge and tells Yui to stay away from him. Yui decides to apologise to Shu for being irritating and sees him in the bathtub. He pulls her in and sucks her blood. He is suprised at the finest quality blood in her. He also remarks that Yui is now hot as a vampire's fangs are at her neck and calls her lewd.
Reiji Sakamaki Edit
Yui first encountered Ayato sleeping on a couch located near the main entrance hall of the Sakamaki mansion. Ayato first drank Yui's blood at school the day after he met her whilst skipping class. He states that Yui's blood tastes "sweet", and it's the best blood he's ever tasted throughout his life. Ayato also tells Yui, she is his "special existence" in the world.
Because of Ayato's playful and rebellious attitude, the two will often get into little, unnecessary arguments which Ayato always wins in the end (although he tries to hide his embarrassment whenever Yui stands up to him). He also likes to pull pranks on her to make her jealous or to get her to confess her 'feelings' for him. He will always make fun of Yui, calling her names like Chichinashi (that literally means flat-chested) and scaring her, as well as forcing her to do things she doesn't want to. At one point, he wanted to be served 'hot blood', thus he began an attempt of dribbling melted candle wax all over her body so her blood temperature would rise. Fortunately, this attempt failed.
Ayato never understood why Yui called out for her father when she got too scared of 'moving dolls', as he laughs and jokes around why someone would call out for their parent. This shows that Ayato never received any of the unconditional, parental love from not only Cordelia, but his father as well. Ayato never knew what unconditional love was, as he never really understood how to love another person (Yui, being in this case) without it benefiting you. Ayato never understood the full concept of love until Yui appeared and began to live with them in the Sakamaki household.
At first he only thought of Yui as a food, and someone whom he can drink "first-rate" blood from. Ayato did not see Yui as an equal, in fact he did not see her as much as a person. He saw Yui as something he can play and do whatever he wants to with whenever he felt like it. When their relationship became more intimate, both Ayato and Yui began to develop feelings for each other, although he became confused by his feelings causing him to be frustrated and sometimes yell at her more.
Ayato becomes much more possessive and protective, as he doesn't want her interacting in any way with anything and anyone: both the Sakamaki siblings as well as friends and classmates in (or out of) school. Ayato is also against the fact that Yui is a believer of God. Ayato instead wants Yui to look up to him, and he is so jealous that he even envies things such as the stars, dogs, roses, and even food. He only wants her to have her eyes on him and only him. She starts to also fall in love with him and wants him only to suck her blood not anyone else's 'cause she confesses that she likes the pain given by Ayato. Ayato is also metioned by Yui to be very handsome.
Laito Sakamaki Edit
He is an open pervert and likes to tease Yui calling her by names like Bitch-chan or Little Bitch. He doesn't have a clear idea of love as when he was young, his mother forced him to be her lover. This is the cause of his perverted nature and his idea of lust meaning love. He later realises that Subaru likes Yui.
Kanato Sakamaki Edit
Kanato has been seen to show yandere tendencies towards Yui, and is rather possessive of her.
Subaru Sakamaki Edit
Subaru has shown to be quite possessive over Yui. He gets angry very quickly and can get violent. He throws things and is also known to punch walls.
Ruki Mukami Edit
Kou Mukami Edit
Azusa Mukami Edit
Carla Tsukinami Edit
Shin Tsukinami Edit
- Yui's clothing has been changing in ever part of the games (excluding Haunting Bridal and More Blood).
- Lost Eden is is the only game with good endings that Yui doesn't get married.
- It's unknown who are her biological parents are or where she actually came from.
- Yui's name means "Italian aid, reliant help, solely helpful, helpful fountain, and helpful life.
- Yui's may not be her actual name as it possibly given to her by her adoptive father Seiji Komori.
- Biologically, she's the youngest of the main cast.
- It's unknown if she's truly human due to the fact that she has demon heart in her childhood and is capable of having it in her.
- She's 17 years old.
- Her blood type is O.
- It's unknown what happened to her biological parents or if they are still alive.
- Yui's the first character to be adopted, the second are her love interests out of the Mukami brothers.
- Yui didn't know that her adoptive father was a vampire hunter until she stayed at the Sakamaki household.
- She appears to have been sheltered throughout her life due to the fact that she has little to no knowledge of pop culture.
- Roses often symbolize Yui due to her love for the demon boys and her innocence as a human being.
- Yui doesn't seem to be interested in discovering her real parents.
- She's the first character to have an unknown birthday date and the second is Kino.
- She later became a masochist although she denies it.
- At the end of the first season, it may have been possible that Yui became a vampire because she commented that she is thirsty.
- In one of the drama cds, Yui tests higher than Reiji.
- Despite being a physically weak human, Yui managed to kill or capture the boys in some of the endings despite not having any kind of training of hunting demons.